Welcome to p.m. Intel, your bite-sized roundup of Bay Region food and cafe news. Guidelines are always welcome, fall them listed here.
- Great dining devotees, rejoice: For the to start with time due to the fact 2019, the Michelin guidebook will announce recently-starred restaurants in California in late September. In the leadup to the awards, the guideline is highlighting new dining gems during the state, commencing with the Bay Space and California wine country: Oakland’s ever-well-liked Horn Barbecue Routier, the new French restaurant from the B. Patisserie team Bernal Heights’s Marlena Cal-Indian stunner Ettan in Palo Alto and Aurum in Los Altos are all obtaining shoutouts in the 2021 tutorial, chosen “to assist food items enthusiasts establish new discoveries prior to the annual announcement of Bib Gourmands and Stars.” For the total listing of Northern California places to eat extra to the guideline, see the Michelin Manual website.
- In 2019, the 20-calendar year-outdated Belgian cafe Frjtz closed its doorways in Hayes Valley, ending many years of Belgian-model fries, burger, and crepes. Admirers could at the very least take convenience in the fact that proprietor Santiago Rodriguez transitioned the cafe to a shipping-only model but now, even that has come to an end. In an email Rodriguez confirmed that Frjtz finished its long-operate in the town on July 28. If you certainly will need your frite resolve, having said that, there is nevertheless an Oakland outfit in operation that is operate not by Rodriguez, who moved to New York two many years ago, but by his sister-in-law and niece.
- A common San Mateo sushi cafe is increasing to Noe Valley, reports What Now SF, bringing Tokyo-shipped fish and Japanese tapas to 737 Diamond Street (the former site of Bacco Italian Cafe). Dash Japanese Tapas and Sushi proprietors Eric Deng and Edmond Tse just signed a lease for the handle, so they’re early on in the procedure, but keep tuned for a projected 2021 opening day. [What Now SF]
- Although some Bay Location tech providers have recently pulled back again on returning to their downtown places of work, it’s comprehensive velocity ahead for Andytown Espresso Roasters. The well known San Francisco roaster and mini-chain of espresso shops has reopened its place within the Salesforce Transit Heart, at 181 Fremont Avenue, for the very first time considering that shuttering at the beginning of the pandemic. If you establish it they will come?
- Following dominating the takeout scene in the course of the pandemic, wildly well known Thai mini-chain Farmhouse Kitchen has reaffirmed its designs to extend to Berkeley. Berkeleyside reports the cafe verified it will in fact open up at 1549 Shattuck Avenue, as planned, by the conclude of 2021. [Berkeleyside]
- A ghost kitchen area with key Tuscan qualifications has opened in Sacramento: Dario Cecchini, the world’s most well known butcher according to the Los Angeles Moments, has expanded stateside with sandwich stores in New York and, of all areas, Sacramento. The takeout and delivery-only Cicci Di Carne opened July 15 at 500 Capitol Shopping mall, reviews the Sacramento Bee, serving 7-inch sandwiches stuffed with the likes of mortadella, burrata, salami, fontina, and additional. Extra destinations are planned for San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Walnut Creek. [Sacramento Bee]